Babies Like Books Too
How can you instill a love for books and reading in your children beginning from infancy? One great way to start is with Babybug Magazine, created for infants to toddlers, ages 6 months to 2 years old. Each issue comes filled with pictures, rhymes, and stories that babies and toddlers are sure to love.
- Take a dandelion flower apart. It’s actually made up of a hundred or more little flowers all packed tightly together.
- On a cloudy day, read Tomie DePaola’s The Cloud Book with your child. Then look at the sky together. Tell each other what you see.
- After a rain shower, have your child draw on the sidewalk with chalk. The colors will seem brighter on wet pavement.
- When the sun comes out, look for reflections in puddles together.
- Spring is a good time to visit a park, where you might see ducks and ducklings.
Brighid Gonzales is a Brisbane Library intern and library student